|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
- Solid build; easy to set upReview by Steve
I always told myself I'd not get a "whole lot of guns"; well, the bug bit and now I have an AR, a Mosin, two shotguns and a small caliber rifle, as well as an assortment of pistols. The picture above is accurate with a small shelf at top. I wanted easy access so I could fit this safe inside a standard depth closet.
- I was able to manhandle the safe from my car to my safe with a dolly easily enough; if you have stairs, get another person to help.
- There are two holes drilled at bottom, to fasten to the floor. In my case, my floor had carpeting, which I removed leaving plywood underflooring. I drilled holes thru the floor and fastened the safe down with the supplied bolts. The unit still can "wiggle-tip" a bit, but I think the intent was to keep it from tipping over, not prevent the determined burglar from pulling the entire safe out.
- My Mosin was just a couple inches too long, so I had to pull the shelf out; just a few screws holding it in. I was able to fit it in at an angle before pulling the shelf, but I had to be careful; the door is thick and actually takes space up w/in the safe.
- There is no facility to easily hang anything from the walls inside the safe, so really I can't store any pistols inside without that shelf.
- The combination / keypad works well and was easy to set up. Be sure to keep the access key somewhere safe in case you forget the combination.
Overall, a small safe with limitations, but suitable for someone who wants something better than a cheap gun cabinet that anyone can bust open, some weight to it to deter a thief and to store a "limited" amount of guns. Again, well built and affordable.
Red Dot had to special order one for me and had it w/in the week if I recall. They helped load it into my car. (Posted on 11/4/16)
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.