The caliber .17 HMR (Hornady Magnum Rimfire) with a bullet diameter of 4.5 mm has been the most innovative ammunition development in the USA in the past few years.
At the Shot Show 2002 in Las Vegas, USA, ANSCHÜTZ presented a trend-setting rifle for this caliber as one of the first manufacturers worldwide. The renowned ANSCHÜTZ accuracy and quality is now also available for the new model 1517 for the world`s fastest rim fire cartrigde.
Depending on the referring version the rifle is equipped with a Match 64 cylinder action and a single or two stage trigger adjusted to 1100 g thus offering an optimum of reliability. The stock is a walnut stock in Classic or Monte Carlo version. A beavertail stock with rail is available on demand. Depending on the model the rifle is offered without sights, with a folding rear sight or a grooved, 11 mm rail drilled and tapped to accept a telescopic sight or a rear sight.
Fans of the caliber .17 HMR may be happy about a further top quality ANSCHÜTZ product.
At this model of the series Match 64 modifications were carried out in the area of the receiver. The external diameter was enlarged from 25 mm to 26 mm. This modification entails some advantages. The weight of the receiver was increased by 12 % which makes the barreled action more rigid. In addition the locking surface is enlarged by 15 % which leads to even more safety for the shooter when firing the shot. The new shape of the receiver will be continued in the firing pin nut which makes the system more elegant. In addition the old engraving on the upper side of the prism has been replaced by the more attractive „Wave-Style“.
Classic straight hunting stock of colored and lacquered walnut wood without cheek piece, checkering at pistol grip and fore-end, black butt plate and studs for sling swivel.
|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.