DPMS Long Range Life 308WIN 24" SS LW BBL 5 Round. Black synthetic A2 fixed stock. Manual safety. A3 style picatinny rail. No sights. 416 Stainless steel Hbar barrel. 1:10 inch twist. Forward assist. Hogue pistol grip. Two-stage match trigger, carbon free-float handguard. Black hard case. The newly designed 308LRL is now a full two pounds lighter than the LR-308 with a shortened barrel and new carbon fiber free float tube. 24" stainless steel barrel, A2 stock, A3 flattop, optics ready!
|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
- Great Rifle!Review by BelieveIn308
DPMS LR-308 Lite 24" barrel Review
Another Great transaction at RDA. I had a few modifications to this rifle right out of the box before I even shot it. I had Tim install a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 scope and bore sight it, a flash suppressor, Harris BiPod and Magpul Stock before I even cleaned the rifle. I then gave it through cleaning and began the break in as recommended "to achieve the best results for accuracy you should clean the chamber and bore after every round for the first 25 rounds and then every 10 rounds up to 100 rounds using a good copper solvent and bore cleaner". I did this for the first 10 rounds and every five thereafter, just to comply somewhat. Being the usual Ken, it took me a good dozen rounds to get the scope sighted in right. I did this at my annual spring shoot. This rifle has mild recoil, and is a true tack driver. It is easy to clean. It has the dust cover and forward assist the earlier LR-308's lacked. The Lite 24" barrel shaves a good pound of the weight off the previous version. It seemed cool after rapid firing a magazine.
The only thing that I dislike about the gun, like all direct impingement rifles, it shits where it eats. I used some PCM Bronze, Remington Winchester and Privi Partisan rounds from 147gr to 168gr. The Remington ammo seemed very dirty. I had no issues with any ammo. The accuracy was very good 1.5" groups at 300 yds, and 3.5" groups at 600 yds. The rifle is far more accurate than this shooter.Thumbs up
The gun is a keeper, a good sniper set up, and a reasonable priced weapon. Recommended. (Posted on 8/24/14)
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.