Like the slightly larger P2000 model, the P2000 SK (subcompact) combines elements of the successful HK USP Compact pistol with recent technological innovations from HK engineers — only in a smaller, more concealable design.
The P2000 SK is available with Law Enforcement Modification (also known as Combat Defense Action) trigger system introduced in 2001 on the USP Compact "LEM" (Law Enforcement Modification) model. This unique pre-cocked hammer system combines the advantages of a cocked striker component (constant level of trigger pull and short trigger travel from first to last round fired) with a double action hammer system. The LEM/CDA trigger pull has been reduced to 7.3 - 8.5 pounds of pressure (32.5 - 37.8 Newtons), compared to 12 - 15 pounds (53.4 - 66.7 N) found on many conventional double action pistols. Optional adjustment by an HK certified armorer can bring the trigger pull into the 5.5 pound (24.5 N) range.
Using such an enhanced trigger system consolidates ease of use and safety into a convenient, innovative trigger operation — one that prevents unintended firing. And in case of an ammunition-related failure to fire, all that is needed is an additional second or third pull of the trigger without the need of first pulling the slide back to re-cock the Subcompact.
The enhanced LEM/CDA trigger system combines the reliability of a double-action revolver trigger with the crisp, precise trigger of a single-action pistol. For shooters that prefer a conventional double-action/single-action pistol, a double-action/single-action variant is also available with a decock button mounted on the rear of the frame. A choice of two simple-to-install grip panels make it easy to custom-fit the P2000 Subcompact to any shooter's hand. And the same ambidextrous magazine release and dual slide release levers found on the P2000 make handling the Subcompact easy for both right- and left-handed shooters.
A set of abbreviated "industry standard" mounting rails on the P2000 SK enable lights, laser aimers, and other accessories to be added by sliding them onto the open rail system. The HK P2000 SK also can use widely available, reliable USP Compact magazines.
|Manufacturer||Heckler & Koch|
|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.