What makes Hornady dies better?
Hornady reloading dies represent the finest in machined craftsmanship. Articulated details offer more precise reloading, by offering easier adjustments, better alignment and smoother functioning. With one of the finest internal finishes in the industry, Hornady Custom Grade and Match Grade Dies provide a lifetime of reloading. They're so well crafted that they're guaranteed never to break or wear out from normal use.
Zip Spindle™ Design
The Zip Spindle™ design on all full length size dies positively locks to eliminate slippage. A series of light threads cut on both the spindle and spindle collet allows you to make incremental adjustments by turning the spindle or you can easily “zip it” up or down for larger movements.
Internal die profile is precision machined and polished to a smooth finish that delivers reliable functioning without case sticking or excessive friction.
Lock Rings with Wrench Flats
The Hornady Sure-Loc™ lock rings clamp around the entire die applying constant pressure across the threads to hold the ring in place. The locking screw tightens the ring without ever coming into contact with the threads, eliminating possible damage from pliers.
Superior to “ball expanders,” this Hornady exclusive provides extremely smooth neck sizing and significantly reduces friction and case neck stretch. Internal threading prevents it from pulling loose and the elliptical expander also eliminates the need for a separate expander die for necking-up to the next caliber.
Seater Adjustment Screw
Seater adjustment screw easily adjusts for bullet seating depths.
Locking retainer spring removes in seconds for easy disassembly and cleaning of the die.
In-line Bullet Seating System
Our seating system holds the bullet, the case neck and the seating stem in perfect alignment in the sleeve BEFORE the bullet enters the neck of the case. The system includes a floating bullet alignment sleeve, a floating steel seating stem and a built-in crimper for benchrest precision. Bullets are aligned in the sleeve as they enter the die for optimum seating and enhanced accuracy.
The built-in crimper gives you the option of crimping without the need for an extra crimp die thus saving a station on your press.
Easy Access Die Boxes
Every Hornady die set comes in a convenient box that’s compartmentalized for dies, bushings, shell holders and a taper crimp die. Stackable and clearly labeled, they offer an organized and clean approach to storing your dies.
No-Risk Lifetime Warranty
|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.