The P380 pistol from Kahr, chambered for the .380 ACP caliber, has a 2.53" barrel and an overall length of 4.9", with a height of only 3.9". It weighs in at just under 10 ounces (9.97 to be exact) without a magazine. The P380 is constructed of a black polymer frame, matte stainless slide, and textured polymer grips. The black polymer frame features 4140 steel inserts molded into the frame in the front and back for added rigidity and strength not found on competitive brands. The P380 features a lock breech, modified Browning type recoil lug, Kahr's six patents including the "safe cam" action found in all Kahr pistols. These features result in a micro-compact pistol in a fighting caliber with very little felt recoil and quick follow-up shots. The P380 does not have a magazine disconnect nor does it have "double-strike" capability. The P380 also boasts "real" sights, featuring drift adjustable, white bar-dot combat sights that dovetail into the slide, with optional night sights available.
The quality of the tiny P380 from Kahr is unrivaled when compared to competitive brands. The barrel is a premium Lothar Walther match grade polygonal rifled design, allowing higher muzzle velocities for hollow point ammo than other conventional rifled barrels on competitive brands. The .75" slide is machined from solid 416R stainless bar stock and locks back on the last round. The P380 model features two high quality 400 series stainless steel 6 round magazines, standard with each gun shipped. In addition, the P380 utilizes an all metal magazine catch in the polymer frame to mate with the stainless steel magazine. The magazines are USA made and are plasma welded, tumbled to remove burrs, and feature Wolff Gunsprings.
The P380 is substantially smaller than Kahr's popular PM9, and proves itself to be an ideal concealed carry weapon. Its light weight and small size, combined with Kahr's reputation for reliability, makes it the perfect pocket pistol. The P380 model is also a strong consideration as a backup gun for law enforcement. The easy to use sights are just an added bonus to this already desired pistol.
|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.