Maximize Your Slug Gun’s Long Range Performance
The new SlugHunter features several technology upgrades that will satisfy even the most demanding shotgun hunters. A bright new optical system, remarkable hand-turn reticle adjustments with Spring-Loaded Instant Zero-Reset Turrets, and a convenient quick-focus eyepiece make adjustments while in a shooting position a breeze. The SlugHunter 3-9x40 with BDC 200 reticle is an ideal fit for virtually any slug gun and can be used with Nikon Spot On Ballistic Match Technology to take the guesswork out of compensating for sabot/slug drop. With enough power for the longest-range shots and a wide field of view to keep you on close-in or moving game, you can count on the SlugHunter 3-9x40 in any situation. In addition SlugHunter scopes are built with fully multicoated optics for maximum light transmission, even in extreme low light environments.
Nikon’s Patented BDC 200 Reticle
This patented, trajectory-compensating reticle integrates unique, easy-to-see "ballistic circles" that provide instant aiming points–and take the guesswork out of holdover at longer ranges. This unique open circle design doesn’t obscure the sight picture and makes shots at distant or smaller targets easier. The BDC 200 is optimized for use with Nikon’s Spot On Ballistic Match Technology to provide shooters with exact aiming points on the BDC 200 Reticle at different yardages and different loads.
Generous, Consistent 5-inch Eye Relief
Keeps your brow safe—even with heavy recoiling charges, lightweight rifles or severe shooting angles.
Fully Multicoated Optical System
Multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds on every glass surface provide bright and vivid sight pictures and optimum light transmission and maximum brightness from dawn to dusk.
Hand-turn 1/4 MOA Adjustments
Reticle adjustments are made in 1/4 MOA click-stop moves you can both feel and hear, and with no backlash to make your shot creep off target. Positive click reticle adjustments get you zeroed in quicker and maintain your setting—even with repeated recoil and under rugged conditions.
Spring-Loaded Zero-Reset Turrets
To simplify field adjustments, Nikon has integrated this feature into all new SlugHunter riflescopes. Just sight-in as usual, then lift the spring-loaded adjustment knob, rotate to your “zero”, and re-engage. Field adjustments are now as simple as dialing-in your subsequent ranges.Spot On Ballistic Match Technology- Custom precision at your fingertips
The SlugHunter, like all of Nikon’s riflescopes, is optimized for use with Nikon Spot On Ballistic Match Technology. Spot On allows you to discover all of the exact aiming points on your scope’s reticle at various yardages for your specific ammunition and load.
|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.