Born in California, he came of age in the Great Depression and raced his home-built cars on the dirt tracks of Huntington Beach and Pomona. From California, he moved to Oregon and embarked on his legendary big game hunting career. He first hunted moose in Canada in the 1940s and recognized the need for a projectile that would stand up to the velocity generated by the new magnum rifle cartridges. Back home, he developed a bullet that married the qualities of penetration and expansion - the Nosler Partition.
Table of contents
- From Ruffles to Short Pants
- Grease Under My Fingernails
- Gunpowder and Crankshafts
- Working Hard, Playing Hard
- Work, Wedding Rings, and Responsibility
- North to Oregon -- A Ford Coupe and Too Much Credit
- Trucking and Target Shooting
- Elk, Ammunition, and Amigos
- Moose, a Mountie, and Johnny Henderson
- Gas Rationing, Lever Guns, and Leverage
- Penetration and Expansion -- The Need for a Better Bullet
- Partitions on a Pie Plate
- One Shot, One Moose
- It Worked, So Now What?
- Bull's-eye, Blacktails, and a Partner in the Bullet Business
- Bumpy Going in Canada and Crowfoot
- The Industrial Committee
- A Bullet and a Grizz
- Accuracy is a Frame of Mind
- Getting It Right -- Perfecting the Partition and Zipedo
- To the Yukon for Moose, Caribou, and Grizzly
- 42 Grains of Hot Steel
- Copper, Computers, and Chronographs in the Corporate World
- The Ballistic Tip
- Into Handgunning and Muzzleloading
- Back to BC -- Roughing it in the Rockies
- Return to Family Ownership
- A Suit, and Clean White Shirt, and a New Bride
- Bullets, Ballistics, and Big Game
- Making the AccuBond
- On Business
- Constitution and Community -- Looking to the Future
|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.