The Ruger SR-762 brings the downrange authority of the .308 cartridge to the popular SR-556 family of two-stage, piston-driven, AR-style rifles. The SR-762 is a lightweight, quick-handling carbine that is an ideal rifle for those who appreciate the familiar and ergonomic AR-style platform. The .308 Win/7.62 NATO cartridge is perfect for hunting medium and most large-sized game and enhances the capability of the AR-style platform in defensive or tactical roles. The SR-762 retains the features of the original SR556 that make it a solid performer among AR-style rifles. It comes with a Manganese Phosphate/Hardcoat Anodized finish and a precision-filed, chrome-lined, cold-hammer-forged MilSpec 41V45 chrome-coly-vanadium steel barrel. It comes with a round, smooth-sided Ruger Lightweight Adaptable handguard with flattop receiver that features a Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny rail. It also has a Hogue Monogrip pistol grip and comes with three 20-round Magpul PMAG magazines, a soft-sided case, and three finger-grooved rail covers.
|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
- Great Gun...Review by Kenneth
- Took the rifle up to McMiller this weekend. Accurate out of the box, put 5 out of 10 on target at 200yds with iron sites. Tame recoil. Ate every type of ammo fed to it, save the first round, which was an ammo problem. Really like the Magpul magazines (came with 3). If you are looking for a AR-10 type battle rifle, with great iron sights, consider this rifle. (Posted on 6/15/14)
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.