Attorney Mitch Vilos, whose practice focuses on weapons cases, has discovered that the most serious and costly mistakes gun owners make result from a misunderstanding of the law of self-defense in their home states. The offenders include some of the nation's most intelligent, well-educated and well-trained individuals including accountants, pharmacists, business owners, police, gun-store owners and concealed weapon instructors. Don't expect to find this critical information on the Internet. Some states don't have self-defense statutes. Those that do have changed the meaning through case law and jury instructions that are extremely difficult for non- lawyers to understand. What is perfectly legal in one state could result in a murder conviction in another. In this one-of-a-kind book, statutes, cases and jury instructions that comprise the law of self-defense are illustrated by real-life cases and "Plain Talk" summaries that are extremely easy to understand. Common misconceptions that can lead to prison time and bankruptcy are revealed. Discover the presumptions and lower legal thresholds that could give you a split second tactical advantage during a violent attack. Every person who owns a weapon for self-defense or who has training in the martial arts should own this book.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. From Neighborhood Watch to Life in Prison
Chapter 3. Understanding the Crucial Terms and Concepts of Self-Defense Law
Chapter 4. Template (Subheadings) Described in Detail
Chapter 5. Self-Defense Laws of All 50 States
Chapter 6. State Deadly Force Chart Duty to Retreat Map
Chapter 7. Thumbs-Down Factors
Chapter 8. Justifiable Acts of Self-Defense
Chapter 9. Conflict Avoidance
Chapter 10. Step Up in Force
Chapter11. Preception and Reaction Time and the Non-Firearm Deadly Threat
Chapter 12. The "SUPERDELL" Schanze Brandishing Case
Chapter 13. Domestic Violence and Battered Woman's Syndrome
Chapter 14. Statements Made After a Defensive Incident
Chapter 15. Risk of Being Sued for Defending Yourself
Chapter 16. Taser: A Less-Lethal Alternative
Chapter 17. Self-Defense from Animals
Chapter 18. Additional Resources
Chapter 19. About Future Additions
Chapter 20. Conclusion: The Mother of All Self-Defense Laws
Chapter 21. About the Authors
|Manufacturer||Mitch Vilos & Guns West Publishing, Inc.|
|Number of Mags||No|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.