The hottest pistol offering from SIG SAUER® is the SIG SAUER Mosquito®. Featuring a polymer frame chambered in 22LR, the Mosquito is 90% the size of a P226® and the ideal choice for hours of shooting fun. The Mosquito features a wear-resistant polymer frame outfitted with an integrated accessory rail. The slide features adjustable sights, and along with the rugged blowback system, fixed barrel and superior ergonomic grip, the SIG SAUER Mosquito delivers traditional SIG SAUER accuracy. Additional safeties include an internal locking device and slide mounted ambidextrous safety.
|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
- It's been a struggle, but still fun.Review by Steve
- I bought my Mosquito a few years ago. As Sig may have resolved the key issues of FTF, FTE, etc since then, I can only speak to my own experiences. This gun is fun to shoot, but....my gun has always had issues with FTFeed, and most recently FTFire. Granted, Sig says to use CCI ammo and lube the gun up well....however these days who can actually find CCI ammo? No, I have been shooting bulk Remington cheap stuff. I'd say out of every 10 shot mag, I get 1 FT Feed, usually worse once the gun gets dirty (yes, dirty ammo), and about 1-2 FT Fires, where I simply recock and it fires. Cheap ammo most likely. Other guns aren't so picky I've seen. Early on I had a gunsmith polish the feed ramp and that helped a little, but not much. The gun fits in my hand well, so I actually enjoy shooting this one the best of my 22LRs. For the novice, this achilles heel could actually be a blessing, as it gives you plenty of chances to practice chamber checks, recocks, and properly unchambering rounds. The quality of materials is good and seems well put together. Just that darn finnicky ammo requirement! (Posted on 5/16/14)
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.