New from SIG SAUER®, the P238 Special Edition Nitron® with Rosewood Grips. It’s just a fraction of the size of our full-size pistols. A smart looking, small handgun built with the same accuracy and reliability as large frame SIG SAUER pistols. With an overall length of just 5.5 inches a height of 3.96 inches, and weighing just 15.2 ounces, the SIG SAUER P238 is the ultimate firepower in an all metal frame concealed pistol. The P238 is built on an anodized alloy beavertail style frame with rosewood grips for comfort and a secure hold during rapid-fire usage. The stainless steel slide features the popular trademarked SIG SAUER slide serrations, corrosion resistant Nitron finish and SIGLITE® Night Sights. The new SIG SAUER P238 is shipped in a lockable hard case and one 6 round magazine.
|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
- Near perfection!Review by Steve
My review is for the same gun but not the same variant; mine closely resembles the BRG in appearance as shown on the Sig website. Essential features are the same however.
Tightly fitted and quality craftsmanship. Good ergonomics even with its very small size. Best for mid to smaller hands, though. Holds six rounds; not much so if you plan on CCW, so carry an extra mag. Thumb safety is not everyone's cup of tea, but it suits me just fine. With this, a Ruger, Kahr and Springfield all lined up when I was trying to choose, this was the only one that seemed like it would have the least chance of printing through my clothes. I've had no issues to date with standard FMJ ammo and some defensive rounds.
Only thing that may concern some folks is breaking this one down; easy enough, but there is a trick to reassembling it. Not hard and once you learn it, it's a breeze.
Recoil is minimal IMO, but due to the short barrel, I struggle to get good groups at the range. My thoughts are, this is my CCW gun, so if I were to need it, I would be in close quarters with the assailant and accuracy won't be as big an issue. If you're looking for target range precision, get a bigger gun. So, at the range, my practice is to put an 8x11 target sheet up, put it about 5 yards away, and do two taps in quick order. No problem hitting center mass, the paper, and that probably would do the trick. Best results I got was two hits about four inches apart.
Overall, a top notch pistol, light weight, and reliable. (Posted on 1/28/15)
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.