This is a very high quality full featured 1911 that conceals better than a full-sized pistol without sacrificing capacity, the Range Officer® Champion® from Springfield Armory® offers finely tuned performance in a littler and easier to shoot package. The RO Champion® brings the precision of a competition pistol in a shortened and lighter-recoiling configuration.
The RO Champion® is topped with a fiber optic front sight and a low-profile combat rear sight, so you have maximum visibility in any situation. The single-sided thumb safety keeps things simple and functional. The beavertail grip safety, extended lightweight trigger and flat mainspring housing, along with a lightweight aluminum frame add to the list of RO Champion™ features. A fully supported ramped hammer forged barrel alows for no worries for premature wear that would be of concern from alloy frames. Our barrels feed ramps are bullet to barrel not bullet to alloy. The Range Officer® Champion™ adds up to a versatile pistol that is great for an everyday carry or home defense pistol.
|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
- Great Feeling PistolReview by Joseph
- I purchased this model for myself because of the feel of it. If you do not have huge hands, this may be the .45 ACP for you. I also wanted a pistol that is not DAO. That personally is not for me. Kinda scares me. It is a great feeling pistol when pulling the crisp trigger on this pistol. The recoil is way less than my Bersa HC Thunder 9. I was amazed at how controllable this pistol is after firing and lining up the next shot. I loaded this 1911 with aluminum casings, brass, hollow points. Not a hick up as it ate different ammo. I was jamming the mags into it, to see if the slide would break loose. More likely my hand was going to break first. Springfield Arms is first class. Nice case, paddle holster, double mag holder, two 7 round mags. Much to my surprise, was also included a form for discount accessories. It's a form that can only be used once. It has to be mailed in. I sure took advantage of it. Nicely discounted. Good luck with whatever your purchase may be. Red Dot is my go to place for my firearms!!! (Posted on 5/11/15)
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.