TriStar's NEW TEC 12 Pump/Auto Home Defense 12ga Shotgun is nothing short of amazing. This shotgun is designed to utilize two actions on the same frame. The TEC 12 is capable of operating in PUMP mode and in Semi-Auto mode by just the turn of a dial. The 3" Chambered TEC 12 uses an inertia Rotary Bolt for smooth action response (in semi-auto). The TEC 12 is finished in Matte Black and features a picatinny rail mounted on the receiver, ghost ring sight and raised front bridge sight with a fiber optic bead, black synthetic stock with rubber fixed pistol grip, plus 1 set of military sling swivels and one set of swivel studs installed. The TEC 12 also has an External Ported Cylinder Choke and is backed by TriStar's 5 Year Warranty.
|Number of Mags||N/A|
|Available for In-Store Pickup||Yes|
- Really good versatile home primary home defense shotgunReview by Ken
I recently purchased a Tristar Tec-12 shotgun from RedDotArms. I took the shotgun to the range yesterday. I put 20 rds of #6 2.75" shells and a half dozen #7.5 through her and three rifled slugs at the 100yd range. The Tristar is different sounding. Can't really tell you what to compare it too, but it has a distinctive sound you will remember
The manual says not to run "Heavy" loads in pump mode, and that their might be issues with "Light" loads in semi-automatic. I am a new shotgun gun guy, and I found no definition of Light and Heavy loads in the manual. I am assuming it means 3" shells for Heavy loads, and maybe like 7.5 or 8 for 2.75" shells? In any case, I only had 2.75" with me. It worked fine in semi-auto just fine for all the birdshot, and I didn't try the slugs in pump mode.
The sights were dead on. It's harder to follow through with clays with it. But I really am liking the sights. Last point, you really need to clean this before taking it out, as it comes with a heavy coating of oil. It seems reasonably well made with quality parts where it counts. I do like the option of semi-auto or pump a lot. I think this is a quality shotgun with a lot of features and you'd expect to pay way more for it. An Excellent value.
(Posted on 11/11/14)
How to Buy a Firearm or Ammunition
Federal firearms laws prevent the sale of a weapon from Red Dot Arms, LLC. directly to an individual in another state (we are located in Illinois). We must ship your firearm directly to an FFL Dealer near you. The steps to follow are:
- Order your firearm online using our secure shopping cart. If you know the FFL dealer you are going to use at time of order placement (not a requirement) enter his name and address into the 'Ship To' field.
- Find an FFL dealer near you that will accept the transfer of the firearm for you. Most sporting goods stores and pawn shops will provide this service for a small fee. Also, gun clubs, shooting ranges, etc. may provide this service to you. If you don't know which FFL dealer to use in your area, put a comment in your order and we will help you locate one near you. We have access to a large list of dealers in the USA that will gladly handle a transfer for you. Most dealers charge around $25 for a transfer. You must confirm the transfer with your local FFL dealer in advance.
- Next, have the dealer send us a copy of his signed license if we don't already have it on file. To check whether a license is on file, contact us. Please Note: It is now legal for us to accept a faxed or e-mailed copy of your dealers license!
- Make sure the dealer knows the firearm is coming from Red Dot Arms. If you used a dealer that we already have on file, call him to let him know that a gun for you is on the way.
- We will send you an email when the firearm ships, which will include a tracking number.
If an item is available for Backorder, you can still ADD it to your Cart, and place the order. Typically, items on Backorder require between 6-10 Weeks before fullfillment. If you have multiple products in your Cart during checkout, items that are IN STOCK, will ship first and your Backordered products will ship seperately.
Red Dot Arms will notify you via email when your Backordered item is fullfilled. At anytime, you can also login to your Account for shipping status.
Due to the nature of the current market landscape, certain items are in high demand. By placing a Backorder, it ensures that you will be at the top of the list when HOT items become available on the Red Dot Store.
Will My Credit Card Be Charged for a Backorder?
No. Your credit card and the purchase amount will only be charged at the time of order fullfillment.